How to Style The Paper In MLA Research Paper Format
- Date: 07 August, 2014
- Category: Research Paper Writing Guide
The MLA format is one of the commonly used formats in colleges, high school and universities. It is mainly used in the humanities section of academics, and it’s also the leading documentation style used for literary research. It requires a specific set of rules to be followed in the formatting section. Reference materials for your research paper include multimedia, audio-visual items, literary books and others. The MLA research paper format might be troubling your mind for many reasons. It could be the first time that you are coming across the format, and your brain is scrambling to understand it. You shouldn’t allow the boredom and monotony of the work to get you down.
The MLA Guidelines
With the EssayThinker.net professional writers, your work is definitely in safe hands. They have prepared a basic guide that will assist you to understand the MLA format better, and implement it effectively in your assignments. They include the following:-
- There is a bibliographic list that contains works cited. It outlines works alphabetically starting with the author, then their work.
- The titles should be centered, and the margins should be one inch from the top, the bottom, the left and the right. Also highlight your name, your instructor’s name, the course you are undertaking and the date on the upper-left side corner of your page. .
- The referenced authors’ names should be arranged in the bibliography beginning with their last name, followed by their first name, and their middle initial. All the authors cited in your “works cited” page should also be mentioned in the body of your work. Don’t cite authors that don’t appear in your essay body. Examples include:
- One author- Frye, Northrup. Anatomy of Criticism: Four Essays. New York: Harper Collins, 1957.
- Journal- A journal whose pages start anew with each issue Barthe, Frederick, and Joseph Murphy. "Alcoholism in Fiction." Kansas Quarterly August 1981: 30-37.
- The in-text citations should contain the author’s last name and the page number. When you are using phrases in your research paper, you must correctly identify where they are coming from. (Jane 4).
- With the MLA research paper format, the whole work should be double-spaced including the “works cited page”, and “title page”.
- The phrases and quotations used in your papers should be catchy and memorable. They should also be short so that you can preserve your own voice in the assignment. Don’t over-rely on the same source for your research paper unless requested by your instructors.
Reasons For Using MLA Style
The reason for using the MLA format is for your readers who include professors, other students, researchers etc can easily understand your assignment, and use your citations for references. With EssayThinker.net you are definitely going to find the information you require when it comes to the MLA research paper format. Visit our website to receive the help that you need. Our customer care service is ready everyday to receive your requests, queries and orders. EssayThinker.net desires to see our clients succeed in their academic goals.